Operational Test Director / Project Lead
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 009
Title: Operational Test Director / Project Lead
Position Description: Support the test and evaluation of DHS technologies by leading a team of T&E SMEs in supporting the Independent Test Agent (ITA). Provide consistent and collaborative support to T&E in support of Major Acquisition Programs within DHS. Provide T&E Functional Expertise to serve as the ITA lead in planning, executing, and assessing major acquisition programs. Candidate will be responsible for leading the development of DHS acquisition/test and evaluation documentation and providing analytical expertise in test design, data collection, and data analysis. Candidate will be responsible for planning data collection, managing data as it is collected and transmitted from test sites, leading data authentication meetings, leading data analysis in accordance with test plans to determine operational effectiveness, suitability, and resilience, and preparing reports that clearly articulate outcomes with supporting data. Candidate will interface regularly with government customers and should have excellent interpersonal and written skills. Additional duties listed below:
- Leading all OT&E to provide the DHS Component with an evaluation of the mission capability of the system or service when employed in a realistic, operational environment.
- Assisting the DHS Component Program Manager in providing the T&E Strategy briefing to the Director, Office of Test and Evaluation (DOT&E).
- Coordinating development of the OT&E strategy associated with operational testing and drafting of applicable sections of the TEMP per policy with the T&E Manager and T&E WIPT.
- Drafting and presenting the T&E Concept Briefing (TECB) to DOT&E.
- Drafting and presenting the Operational Test Readiness Review to senior stakeholders including the CAE and DOT&E.
- Drafting and submitting the OTEP for record testing for DOT&E approval.
- Drafting and submitting a report on the results of record testing to the DOT&E.
- Facilitating customer meetings, including meetings with high profile DHS officials.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent credits/certifications in Engineering/Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, or Related Field
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with writing technical reports and briefings with significant analytical components, to include data presentation and visualization.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities within T&E such as attained by T&E Level II training (DHS or DoD) and completion of DHS Operational Test Director’s course
- Experience in large scale Test and Evaluation/Acquisition (e.g., working knowledge and experience developing the following documents: Test Concept Briefings, System Evaluation Plans, Operational Test and Evaluation Plans, System Evaluation Reports, Operational Test and Evaluation Reports, and Operational Test Readiness Reviews)
- Experience with systems engineering and acquisition in DHS (MD-102) and/or DoD (5000 series).
- Current DHS vetting.
- Current Secret Clearance.
- Experience working in support of DHS or DOD.
Location: Northern Virginia/Telecommuting
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required
Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and obtain Department of Homeland Security (and/or component) vetting/suitability.
Black Diamond Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.