Operational Test Director / Project Lead
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 007
Title: Operational Test Director / Project Lead
Position Description: Support the test and evaluation of DHS technologies by leading a team in planning and executing system Operational Testing. Candidate will be responsible for extensive site coordination and logistics planning, planning data collection, managing data as it is collected and transmitted from test sites, and preparing reports that clearly articulate outcomes with supporting data. Candidate will interface regularly with government customers and should have excellent interpersonal and written skills. Additional duties listed below:
- Leading all OT&E to provide the DHS Component with an evaluation of the mission capability of the system or service when employed in a realistic, operational environment.
- Coordinating development of the OT&E strategy.
- Drafting and presenting the T&E Concept Briefing (TECB) and Operational Test Readiness Review to senior stakeholders.
- Drafting and submitting the OT Plan and Report.
- Facilitating customer meetings.
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, or Related Field
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Experience with writing technical reports and briefings with significant analytical components, to include data presentation and visualization.
- Demonstrated skills and abilities within T&E such as attained by T&E Level II training (DHS or DoD) and completion of DHS Operational Test Director’s course
- Experience in large scale Test and Evaluation/Acquisition (e.g., working knowledge and experience developing the following documents: Test Concept Briefings, System Evaluation Plans, Operational Test and Evaluation Plans, System Evaluation Reports, Operational Test and Evaluation Reports, and Operational Test Readiness Reviews)
- Experience with systems engineering and acquisition in DHS (MD-102) and/or DoD (5000 series).
- Current Secret Clearance, DHS vetting, and/or experience working in support of DHS or DOD.
Location: Northern Virginia/Telecommuting
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required
Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and obtain Department of Homeland Security (and/or component) vetting/suitability.
Black Diamond Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.