Senior Cybersecurity / Cyber Resilience Engineer
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 003
Title: Senior Cybersecurity / Cyber Resilience Engineer
Position Description: Serve as a senior-level cyber engineer providing cyber-specific T&E support to DHS systems. Works closely with federal SMEs and program test leads to implement cyber processes and procedures to plan and execute assessments. Performs and documents risk assessments, develops cyber resilience test strategies and plans, coordinates data requirements, assists with/coordinates test execution (e.g., vulnerability scans, penetration tests, cooperative vulnerability penetration assessments [CVPAs]), and documents impact of vulnerabilities and cyber test results in test reports.
- BS in cybersecurity, engineering, information systems, security or related field.
- 15 years with bachelor’s degree, or 13 years with master’s degree of experience performing above described duties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Must be able to assist in coordinating the review, comment and signature cycle of risk assessments/test plans/reports documentation
- Proficient in the planning, execution, and reporting of Penetration Tests
- Proficient in Cybersecurity policy (e.g., DHS cyber resilience T&E management guides, DoDI 8510.01 DIACAP Process/Risk Management Framework).
- Experience with cyber resilience assessment tools (e.g., Retina, VMS, SCAP, Nessus, etc.)
- Possess and maintain a current DoD 8570.01M IAM/IAT Level II certification or higher (i.e. Security+, CISSP)
- DHS Test & Evaluation Level I current course completion including AQN 101, FTE 100, SE 101, CLE 023, CLL 008 or DoD Defense Acquisition University (DAU) equivalents.
- DHS Test & Evaluation Level II current course completion including AQN 201, FTE 202, FAC 062, CLE 035, CLE 301 or DoD DAU equivalents.
Location: Washington, DC metropolitan area
Travel: 10-25% travel may be required
Clearance: US citizen with active secret clearance, DHS suitability preferred