To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 008
Title: Reliability Analyst
Position Description: Support the test and evaluation of DHS technologies by providing reliability T&E expertise to assist the Independent Test Agent (ITA) plan, execute, and assess major acquisition programs. Ensure that DHS acquisition T&E efforts adequately include reliability T&E. Candidate will be responsible for leading the development of DHS acquisition/test and evaluation documentation and providing analytical expertise in reliability test design, data collection, and data analysis. Candidate will be responsible for planning reliability data collection, managing data as it is collected and transmitted from test sites, leading data authentication meetings, performing data analysis in accordance with test plans to determine reliability, and preparing reports that clearly articulate outcomes with supporting data. Candidate will interface regularly with government customers and should have excellent interpersonal and written skills. Additional duties listed below:
- Plan reliability data collection activities, to include identifying metrics, data elements, sample sizes, and sampling strategies for the test and evaluation of DHS technologies.
- Provide reliability input to data collection plans and reports/briefings.
- Review reliability data and work with data collection teams to improve data quality for cutting edge systems.
- Provide reliability consulting support to DHS acquisition/test and evaluation teams to include evaluation planning and designing effective tests in accordance with DHS and component policy.
- Facilitate customer meetings, including meetings with high profile DHS officials.
- Conduct reliability analyses, to include data visualization, descriptive statistics, and hypothesis testing.
- Advanced Degree or such equivalent credits/certifications in Engineering/Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, or Related Field
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills and abilities within T&E such as attained by T&E Level II completion of training for DHS or DoD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with writing technical reports and briefings with significant reliability and analytical components, to include data presentation and visualization.
- Reliability Engineering Certification
- Experience using statistical software packages (e.g., MiniTab) or programming/scripting (e.g., R, Python, etc.)
- Experience in large scale Test and Evaluation/Acquisition (e.g., working knowledge and experience developing one or more of the following documents: Test Concept Briefings, System Evaluation Plans, Operational Test Plans, System Evaluation Reports, and Test Readiness Reviews)
- Experience with systems engineering and acquisition in DHS (MD-102) and/or DoD (5000 series).
- Current DHS vetting
- Current Secret Clearance
- Experience working in support of DHS or DOD.
Location: Northern Virginia/Telecommuting
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required
Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and obtain Department of Homeland Security (and/or component) vetting/suitability
Black Diamond Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.