T&E Analyst/Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 006
Title: T&E Analyst/Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst
Position Description: Support the test and evaluation of DHS technologies by providing statistical analysis and Test and Evaluation (T&E) expertise to assist the Independent Test Agent (ITA) plan, execute, and assess major acquisition programs. Candidate will be responsible for leading the development of DHS acquisition/test and evaluation documentation and providing analytical expertise in test design, data collection, and data analysis. Candidate will be responsible for planning data collection, managing data as it is collected and transmitted from test sites, leading data authentication meetings, performing data analysis in accordance with test plans to determine operational effectiveness, suitability, and resilience, and preparing reports that clearly articulate outcomes with supporting data. Candidate will interface regularly with government customers and should have excellent interpersonal and written skills. Additional duties listed below:
- Plan data collection activities, to include identifying metrics, data elements, sample sizes, and sampling strategies for the test and evaluation of DHS technologies.
- Write data collection plans and reports/briefings.
- Review performance data and work with data collection teams to improve data quality for cutting edge systems.
- Provide consulting support to DHS acquisition/test and evaluation teams to include evaluation planning and designing effective tests in accordance with DHS and component policy.
- Facilitate customer meetings, including meetings with high profile DHS officials.
- Conduct statistical analyses, to include data visualization, descriptive statistics, and hypothesis testing.
- Manage databases and data file systems to support mission objectives.
- Produce data extracts for other analysts to use in various formats in support of data analysis and reporting.
- Program data collection forms.
- Advanced Degree or such equivalent credits/certifications in Engineering/Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, or Related Field
- 15 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated skills and abilities within T&E such as attained by T&E Level II completion of training for DHS or DoD
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with writing technical reports and briefings with significant analytical components, to include data presentation and visualization
- Experience using statistical software packages (e.g., MiniTab) or programming/scripting (e.g., R, Python, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL Server
- Experience in large scale Test and Evaluation/Acquisition (e.g., working knowledge and experience developing one or more of the following documents: Test Concept Briefings, System Evaluation Plans, Operational Test Plans, System Evaluation Reports, and Test Readiness Reviews)
- Experience with systems engineering and acquisition in DHS (MD-102) and/or DoD (5000 series).
- Current DHS vetting.
- Current Secret Clearance.
- Experience working in support of DHS or DOD.
Location: Northern Virginia/Telecommuting
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required
Clearance: Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and obtain Department of Homeland Security (and/or component) vetting/suitability
Black Diamond Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.