Test Engineer / Data Collector
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 005
Title: Test Engineer / Data Collector
Position Description: Support Test and Evaluation of various types of security equipment in the nation’s airports. Work will often times be conducted in airport baggage handling and security checkpoint environments where candidates will have access to state of the art airport security equipment. Data collection tasks may include but are not limited to; manual data collection using mobile handheld technologies, downloading data stored on security equipment, conducting operator interviews, timing of processes/procedures, evaluating vendor/contractor-provided training and providing a daily report of activities, anomalies, and impacts. Duties may also include carrying test articles through security equipment to test equipment and/or procedures.
- Up to 100% travel required on assignment, trip duration can last up to 2 months at a time.
- This is a part time on call position. Candidates will be called into work on an as needed basis. Candidate must be flexible as schedules are very fluid and can change on a moment’s notice.
- The position requires as many as 9-hours per day of standing/walking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to obtain an interim secret security clearance, a full secret security clearance and successfully pass the Department of Homeland Security / Transportation Security Administration’s vetting process.
- Experience working in support of DHS and TSA.
- T&E experience, particularly in Operational Test and Evaluation.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing data.
Location: Various Airports throughout the United States.
Travel: Up to 100% travel required.
Clearance: Secret clearance preferred. Ability to obtain a clearance at a minimum.