Systems Engineer, Senior
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position #: 001
Title: Systems Engineer, Senior
Position Description: Lead systems engineering and acquisition lifecycle support initiatives for DoD Major Defense Acquisition Programs (MDAPs) and Major Automated Information System (MAIS) programs. Support areas include requirements and metrics reviews, Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) development and reviews, technical design document reviews, T&E documentation reviews, and development of technical presentations and reports. Support may also include reviews of Program Protection Plans (PPPs). May also facilitate IPT or other cross-functional meeting, to include developing agendas, running meetings, and documenting meeting minutes and actions. May develop/document engineering or acquisition-related policies. May perform special studies, analyses of alternatives and process improvement activities.
- BS in engineering or related field
- 10 years of engineering experience performing above described duties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills
- BS in systems engineering.
- Advanced degree in systems engineering.
- Strong understanding of and experience with probability, statistics, and modeling & simulation.
- Proficient with databases (MS Access and SQL server) and spreadsheet tools (Excel, Minitab).
- Experience with DoD systems engineering and acquisition to include the DoD 5000 series.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification
- PMP certification.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Clearance: US citizen with active secret clearance preferred. Candidates that are clearable will be considered.