Operations Research Analyst
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position number listed below in the subject line.
Position Number: 004
Title: Operations Research Analyst
Position Description: Support the data analysis of various types of TSA security capabilities in the nation’s airports. Candidate will be responsible for managing data as it is collected and transmitted from test sites, leading data authentication meetings, and performing data analysis in accordance with test plans to determine operational effectiveness and suitability. Candidate will interface regularly with government customers and should have excellent interpersonal and written skills. Additional duties listed below:
- Plan data collection activities, to include identifying metrics, data elements, sample sizes, sampling strategies, and work schedules for the test and evaluation of explosives detection equipment, passenger screening, and emerging/state-of-the-art transportation security systems.
- Prepare data collection plans and reports/briefings.
- Review performance data and work with data collection teams to improve data quality for cutting edge systems.
- Facilitate customer meetings, including meetings with high profile DHS officials.
- Conduct statistical analyses, to include data visualization, descriptive statistics, and hypothesis testing.
- Manage databases and data file systems to support mission objectives.
- Produce data extracts for other analysts to use in various formats in support of data analysis and reporting.
- Program data collection forms for use in innovative transportation security systems.
- BS, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, or Related Field
- 3-10 years experience, at least 2 in data analysis/statistics
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Access
- Experience with writing technical reports and briefings with significant analytical components, to include data presentation and visualization.
- Candidate must be able to obtain an interim secret security clearance, a full secret security clearance and successfully pass the Department of Homeland Security / Transportation Security Administration’s vetting process.
- MS, Engineering, CS, or related field.
- Experience using statistical software packages such as MiniTab, R, etc.
- Experience in large scale Test and Evaluation/Acquisition
- Current DHS vetting
- Current Secret Clearance.
- Experience working in support of DHS or DOD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Location: Northern Virginia/Telecommuting.
Travel: Up to 10% travel required in support of site visits.
Clearance: Secret clearance preferred. Ability to obtain a clearance at a minimum.